Wednesday 5th July 2023
LIVE VIRTUAL EVENT: Paediatric Asthma Guidelines Launch Event
Virtual Online Event
This event has already been.
About this event
Join us for the “Paediatric Asthma Diagnosis, Management and Prescribing Guidelines” Launch Event
An interactive 1-hour event for all healthcare professionals who are involved in the diagnosis and management of children with Asthma.
During the event the panel will launch the All Wales Paediatric Asthma Diagnosis Guideline, and the All Wales Paediatric Asthma Management and Prescribing Guideline. The guidelines set out the patient pathway for Wales, explicit in diagnostic criteria, referral thresholds, and national medication choices. These hugely anticipated guidelines are the result of more than 2-years of work from a multi-disciplinary team, have been through a rigorous governance process and approved by AWMSG.
The event will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and the event link will be sent out by email on the morning of the event. The event will be recorded, and a video made available on the All Wales ICST Platform for those unable to attend the event live. Please note: If you are intending to watch the event from a mobile device, you will need to ensure that you have the Microsoft Teams Mobile app installed on your device as Microsoft Teams Live events are not supported via mobile web browsers.
For ease, you can join the event using the below button at 12pm on Wednesday 05th July 2023.
During the event we will cover:
- Introducing the guidelines
- The difficulty of confirming a diagnosis of Asthma in Children
- How to start using the management guideline in practice
- The choice of Inhalers in this guideline
- “Switch from 6”
- Achieving complete control, and ongoing poor control in children
- Q&A Session
The event panel includes:
- Dr Julian Forton – Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, National Paediatric Respiratory Lead
- Dr Daniel Rigler – Consultant Paediatrician
- Dr Jerome Donagh – Specialist Respiratory GP
- Dave Edwards – Respiratory Pharmacist Prescriber
- Debbie Hartman – Specialist Respiratory Nurse