Thursday 5th October 2023
Live event: Preparing patients with Asthma and COPD for Winter
Virtual Online Event
This event has already been.
About this event
Join us for “Live event: Preparing patients with Asthma and COPD for Winter”
An interactive 45-minute live virtual event for all primary and secondary care healthcare professionals who are involved in the management of people with Asthma & COPD.
The event will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and the event link will be sent out on the morning of the event, but in case this has not been received you can use the “link to join event on teams” button below. Please note that until the event starts at 12pm on Thursday 05th October 2023, a “this live event hasn’t started” message will show.
During the event the panel will discuss the NHS Wales Winter Plan and how focusing on optimising the management of people living with asthma and COPD and improving the likelihood of them remaining stable during winter will help avoid unnecessary admissions
The event will be recorded, and a video made available on the All Wales ICST Platform for those unable to attend the event live.
Please note: If you are intending to watch the event from a mobile device, you will need to ensure that you have the Microsoft Teams Mobile app installed on your device as Microsoft Teams Live events are not supported via mobile web browsers.
During the event we will cover:
- Why are respiratory conditions more difficult to manage in winter?
- The essential preparations for every patient with asthma and COPD
- What else can patients do proactively to stay well?
- Using the app to support patients to stay well
- Q&A Session
The event panel includes:
- Dr Katie Pink – Respiratory Consultant & National Asthma Clinical Lead
- Irram Irshad – Cluster Pharmacist and Independent Prescriber
- Dr Teresa Ching – Consultant Physician and General Practitioner