Friday 17th November 2023
Management of Acute Exacerbation of COPD – Winter 2023/24
Virtual Online Event
This event has already been.
About this event
Join us for this live virtual event
An interactive 60-minute event for all healthcare professionals who provide care to patients experiencing an exacerbation of their COPD.
The event will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and the event link will be sent out on the morning of the event, but in case this has not been received you can use the “link to join event on teams” button below. Please note that until the event starts at 12pm on Friday 17th November 2023, a “this live event hasn’t started” message will show.
- The context of COPD Exacerbations in Wales
- Integration management of COPD exacerbations between primary care, WAST and secondary care teams
- Assessing a patient
- With or without antibiotics?
- At home or in hospital?
- Q&A Session
The expert panel includes:
- Dr Simon Barry – National Respiratory Clinical Lead and Respiratory Consultant
- Professor Chris Butler – Professor of Primary Care
- Mike Jenkins – Consultant Paramedic
- Dr Louisa Nolan – Head of Data Science, PHW
- Zoe Strawbridge – PHW
- Clare Withey – PHW