On Friday 3rd December 2021 we held the launch event for NHS Wales Green Agenda – Sustainable Inhaler Prescribing
Watch the recording of the event here.
As part of the NHS Wales Decarbonisation Strategic Delivery Plan, this interactive 1-hour event focuses on how healthcare professionals involved in the care of respiratory patients, can help to tackle the climate crisis through sustainable inhaler prescribing.
Foreword by: Eluned Morgan MS – Minister for Health and Social Services, Welsh Government
*Due to the developing situation with the new COVID-19 variant, Eluned Morgan was unable to appear at the event.
Chaired by: Natalie Proctor – Head of Pharmacy and Prescribing Branch, Welsh Government
The expert panel includes:
- Dr Stacey Harris – Paediatric doctor, Welsh Clinical Leadership Fellow in Sustainable Healthcare 2021/2022
- Dr Richard Thomas – GP with special interest in sustainability
- Dr Sarah Williams, Salaried GP Crickhowell, Bevan Fellow in Sustainable Healthcare, Chair of Greener Practice Wales, Member of the WONCA (World Organisation of Family Drs) Working party on the Environment
- Sian Evans, Consultant in Public Health, Primary Care Division, Public Health Wales, overseeing the Greener Primary Care Framework and award scheme
- Dr Simon Barry – Respiratory Consultant, National Respiratory Clinical Lead
Thank you to everybody who submitted a question for the Q&A section of the event. Unfortunately a number of these questions were not answered during the event due to time limitations, but written responses have been submitted by the expert panel: