To assess competence in Management of Community Acquired Pneumonia, candidates are required to complete a summative multiple choice exam. You will have 45 minutes to answer 25 questions . The pass mark is 80%. If you do not meet the assessment criteria, don’t panic! You can resit as many times as you need.
During this exam, you will be assessed against the following learning outcomes:
- Assessment of suspected Community Acquired Pneumonia, and use of the National Early Warning Score to confirm or exclude Sepsis
- Confirm or refute a diagnosis of pneumonia using the presence of new consolidation on a chest x-ray, and redirect patients with no new consolidation, and therefore no Pneumonia, to an alternative pathway
- Assess severity of Community Acquired Pneumonia according to the CURB65 score, and consider those patients who might need involvement of the microbiology team.
- Identify the appropriate treatment for Community Acquired Pneumonia using the 1st line, 2nd line and 3rd line antibiotic options.
- How to define a sufficient course of antibiotics for Community Acquired Pneumonia, and considerations when reviewing a patient
The questions are presented through case studies, and each case study might span a series of questions. See below an example of how this Case Study and Question will sit on a page.
After each question, there might be a development in the case study; the original body of text for the Case study will be greyed out, and the additional information will be presented underneath. See below for an example:
During this exam, you will be required to make clinical decisions against the All-Wales Community-acquired pneumonia Secondary Care Guidance. Please download a copy of this guideline on your computer or smart device, or print a copy.
Click ‘Start quiz’ to get started. Your time limit will start immediately and will run continuously until 0:00. If you leave the page and return, the clock will not stop.
Once you have answered all the questions, you will be taken to an exam overview page where you will find your answers marked against the correct answers.
If you do not pass every question, you will be able to resit the exam.