Wednesday 12th October 2022
Working Together to Improve the Management of Respiratory Conditions in HDUHB (Haverfordwest)
Time: 6:30 PM
Hotel Mariners, Mariners Square, Haverfordwest, SA61 2DU
This event has already been.
About this event
Join your colleagues in exploring a multi-disciplinary approach to tackling the current challenges in respiratory care using the National Respiratory Toolkit. The meeting will be an opportunity to highlight the current challenges we are facing in the management of respiratory patients and to explore ways of working together to improve the service we provide to patients.
- 6:30pm: Buffet and introductions
- 7:00pm: Meeting starts.
- The All Wales Asthma and COPD guidelines, the National Welsh Standards qualifications, QI projects and the patient-facing respiratory apps.
- A respiratory nurse specialist perspective: Best practice identifying at-risk patients, the essential components of a respiratory review, prescribing tips and how to manage more complicated patients.
- A pharmacist perspective: Discussion about how we can work together across disciplines and settings to ensure we all are knowing, learning and doing the things that really matter to make a difference to patients
- 9:00pm: Meeting ends.
You’ll also have the opportunity to meet the tutors supporting the National Respiratory Toolkit in your area.
Tutors in your area:
- Dave Edwards Respiratory Pharmacist – Independent Prescribert
- Rachel James Advanced Pharmacist
- Leah Partridge Respiratory Nurse Specialist
- Sarah Hicks Respiratory Nurse Specialist
Please also see attached a small selection of videos for some suggested pre-learning that you might find useful to watch before the event
Parking and Venue Details