Tuesday 20th September 2022
Working Together to Improve the Management of Respiratory Conditions in HDUHB (Carmarthen)
Time: 6:30 PM
Ivy Bush Royal Hotel, 11 Spilman St, Carmarthen, SA31 1LG
This event has already been.
About this event
Join your colleagues in exploring a multi-disciplinary approach to tackling the current challenges in respiratory care using the National Respiratory Toolkit. The meeting will be an opportunity to highlight the current challenges we are facing in the management of respiratory patients and to explore ways of working together to improve the service we provide to patients.
- 6:30pm: Buffet and introductions
- 7:00pm: Meeting starts.
- The All Wales Asthma and COPD guidelines, the National Welsh Standards qualifications, QI projects and the patient-facing respiratory apps.
- A respiratory nurse specialist perspective: Best practice identifying at-risk patients, the essential components of a respiratory review, prescribing tips and how to manage more complicated patients.
- A pharmacist perspective: Discussion about how we can work together across disciplines and settings to ensure we all are knowing, learning and doing the things that really matter to make a difference to patients
- 9:00pm: Meeting ends.
You’ll also have the opportunity to meet the tutors supporting the National Respiratory Toolkit in your area.
Tutors in your area:
- Rachel James Advanced Pharmacist
- Debbie Hartman Respiratory Nurse Specialist
- Leah Partridge Respiratory Nurse Specialist
- Sarah Hicks Respiratory Nurse Specialist
Please also see attached a small selection of videos for some suggested pre-learning that you might find useful to watch before the event
Parking and Venue Details
By car: The hotel is easily accessible from the M4 motorway. From the M4 travelling West Continue from M4 (Junction 49) along the A48 Dual carriageway to the roundabout on the outskirts of Carmarthen. Go straight on to the next roundabout, then right. Straight on at the next two roundabouts following brown signs for “Spilman Street Hotels”. Keep to the left lane through traffic lights and the hotel is on the right. From A40/A484/A485 travelling West Follow signs for Carmarthen along dual carriageway bypass, then towards the town centre. Keep to the middle lane over the bridge through traffic lights and the hotel is up the hill on the right. Free Parking
By train: Carmarthen train station is a 5-minute walk from the hotel.