In the back of the Trilogy Evo ventilator, you can fit a FiO2 oxygen cell that tells you how much oxygen your patient is receiving through the circuit.
The oxygen cell does not come pre-installed into the machine. Installation involves the following steps:
- Remove the panel at the back of the machine using a 6-point star headed screwdriver.
- Screw the base of the oxygen cell into the housing of the machine.
- Attach the electronic sensor cable.
- Replace the cover and re-screw the two screws.
On installation of a new oxygen cell, the machine should be calibrated to the room air (FiO2 21%):
- Turn on the device and attach one end of the tubing to the output.
- Choose the spanner option, select ‘calibration and set-up’, and select ‘O2 sensor calibration’.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to start calibration.
- After the initial step of calibration, occlude the tubing for the second step of calibration.
- Once you get notification that the calibration has passed, the oxygen cell is ready for use and you can return to the homepage of the ventilator.