An engagement event for the Respiratory Toolkit for Community Pharmacy Teams took place on Thursday 29th July 2021 at 7pm. A short one-hour interactive event for community pharmacy professionals and support teams to improve the efficiency and impact of very brief advice offered to patients with Asthma and COPD.
Chaired by: Jason Carroll, Medicines Management Pharmacist, PTHB
The expert panel includes:
- Dr Julian Forton, Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, CAVUHB, and National Respiratory Clinical Lead for Paediatrics
- Dave Edwards, Respiratory Pharmacist Prescriber, HDUHB
- Louise Allen, Community Pharmacy Lead, CAVUHB
This August, community pharmacy colleagues are being asked to support the scaling up of the implementation of the NHS Wales asthma and COPD self-management apps. This is one of the most effective ways community pharmacy can improve the standards of care for patients with asthma and COPD.
Find out more about:
- Showcasing the NHS Wales Asthma & COPD self-management apps
- The utilisation of the self-management apps in clinical practice
- Incorporating app promotion as part of very brief advice
- Q&A Session